HOLMES BAPTIST ASSOCIATION
Equipping Churches To Reach The World
Holmes Baptist Association
Associational Mission Strategist:
Contact by E-mail
Administrative Assistant: Tanya Rushing
Contact by NEW e-mail: email@example.com
Office Hours (Administrative Assistant): Monday - Thursday 8:00 am - 3:00 pm
Office closed 10:30am-11:30am THURSDAYS to run errands.
February 15: Executive Committee Meeting 6:30 pm @ HBA Office
April 24th: Semi-Annual Meeting- Time and Date TBA
August 16th: Executive Committee Meeting 6:30 pm
October 16th: Annual Meeting- Time and Date TBA
Annual Meeting Update:
Executive Committee Meeting Update:
1. New By-laws were adopted at the Executive Committee Meeting held on September 21, 2021. These are available on our website under the tab Association Information.
2. In the new By-laws, each church is allowed 3 messengers (Semi-Annual and Annual Meetings). This is the Pastor and 2 others, which have been voted on by the church. If a church is currently without a Pastor, then they may elect a person to fill that spot until a Pastor is called. This is in effect for the October 17, 2021 Annual Meeting.
3. Representatives for the Executive Committee still remains as the Pastor and one additional person elected by the church for a total of 2. It is preferred that the additional person elected as a Representative, serve as one of the Messengers (@ Annual and Semi-Annual Meetings) for more continuity when dealing with Association business.
4. The names for the Messengers and Representatives must be turned in no later than 10 days prior to the meeting. If at any time, the names change, the Association Office needs to be notified no later than 10 days prior to the meeting.
5. Gully Springs and New Zion withdrew from the Association.
6. Pleasant Valley (Ponce de Leon) joined the Association.
7. Randy Torrance was presented as Acting Clerk for the Association.